Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day: Moment of Truth

Well, it's official. Valentine's Day has come once again. For me, Valentine's Day doesn't really mean a whole lot. It's my oldest sister's birthday, so most Valentine's were spent celebrating her. Oh, we always got gifts on this day, and Mom usually made us "love toast" :) , but mostly I enjoy Valentine's Day because of the parties we would have at school. However, this year, being at college and all, Valentine's Day has become a whole new affair (no pun intended). ;) So many crazy people running around trying to woo their special someone. Too many people spending way too much money to find a way to creatively express their love for another. OK, maybe I'm a little cynical...I'm working on that.... Moment of truth? OK. Deep in her heart, somewhere, Laura Sue Vance is a hopeless romantic. I mean come on, what female out there with any sort of a brain wouldn't want some nice, strong, handsome, godly, amazing man to hold her close and whisper sweet nothings in her ear? Who doesn't want a big box of chocolates and a dozen bright red roses? But, in all reality...what good would all of that be? They are all fleeting and worthless. I am perfectly content to sit here an wait a very long time before I deem any man worthy of my time and energy. For the time being, I am perfectly content to work on my ultimate, first-and-foremost love story...the one I have with my amazing Saviour! He alone is worthy of my praise, adoration, and love. He is what all of my focus, attention, and energy need to be centered around. He is my first love, and He always should be! So, this Valentine's Day, I'm going to spend some quality time with my God! Of course, He has given me some pretty great blessings so far today (much better than a dozen roses)! I have an amazing friend, Kirsten, that I am going to share dinner with tonight, I got off of work early (granted, it was because I wasn't feeling well, but I got off early nonetheless, and it was a blessing), I found out I got a part in the school play, I opened my Valentine's package from my parents, I got a cute little hamster eraser in my mailbox (his name is Beauregard), and I don't have any homework that I HAVE to do for tomorrow! Yep! God sure chose to bless me on this Valentine's Day! So thankful that He loves me unconditionally and always knows just what I need! Thank you Lord! Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment