Tuesday, May 1, 2012

But a Vapor

Wow! Where has the time gone?!?! It seems like just yesterday, I was packing up all of my worldly belongings and starting off on my college journey. I was scared out of my whits to move to Ankeny. I didn't need any new friends. I didn't need anyone to tell me where to go to church; I already knew. And I was going to try out my little wings for the first time in this great big world. It's a good thing God can get through to stubborn people! This first year of college has gone by so quickly! I made more friends than I can count (two of which are extra special to me...bonds that will last a lifetime...), and I broke out of my church mold and began attending a church that I recently heard described as "a little unorthodox." Yep, God sure showed me! :) For this, I am GLAD! Sitting here writing this, I can hardly believe it's almost over. The packing boxes have reared their ugly heads once again. However, I wouldn't change these past nine months for anything! God has done so much, in such a short amount of time! They say life moves by more quickly as you get older...I must be getting really old! ;) I've been reminded that our lives on this earth are extremely short in light of eternity. What am I doing to make a difference in other people's lives? Who am I impacting for eternity? Good stuff to think about. So, how about you...are you living in light of eternity?

No comments:

Post a Comment