Friday, April 20, 2012

He Answers Prayer!

Well, as some of you know, my life is kind of...undecided for the time being...I guess.... A week ago, I had no idea what I was doing for the summer, for next fall...for the rest of my life...I'm still uncertain about the last two, but God works wonders! :) (This I KNOW!)
Last Friday, a good friend (my pastor's son) and I were at supper together, and then afterwards we just started talking. He asked me what I was doing with my summer, and I told him I would really just love to stay in the Ankeny area and work full time at the daycare. So, we prayed about it. He asked that if God really wanted me up here that He would provide a place for me to live...Saturday, God answered! :)
I was at my pastor's house to make a cake for my best friend's birthday when the topic of summer plans came up, yet again. This time my pastor asked me what I was doing, so I told him the same thing. He looked at me and said he'd announce at church that one of the college students needed summer housing. Well, I went about my day while the family went about their activities. That evening, when they all got back home, my pastor came to me and said, "Laura, you're staying with us this summer..." I was like, "Whaaaaat?!?"
I'm so excited to stay with the Peterson family this summer! Mostly, it was SOOOO awesome to see God answer prayer...and so quickly at that! :) He's faithful, and for that I'm thankful. God knew how to provide at just the right time.
I must say, before I got my summer figured out, I was fretting and worrying about...well, pretty much the rest of my life. Now that God's shown me what to do with my summer, I'm not nearly as worried about the fall or the rest of my future. I KNOW God answers prayer and that He will provide when the time is right. As long as I follow hard after God, He'll light my path when I get there. I just need to take one step at a time and remember that my life is in His control, not mine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment