Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Life is Rough; God is Good

Oh, where to even begin...let's see...I'm sitting here, looking at my calendar, and wondering where this year has gone. It's April, and it seems like just yesterday I was recounting the adventures of last year. So much has happened in such a short time! Since I started college in the fall, God has blessed me with some AMAZING friends, I've learned a lot, and He's taught me to trust in Him. (I sure can't do this life thing on my own...)
Late last July, people thought I was crazy for changing my college plans last minute, packing my things, and heading for a college I hadn't even been officially accepted to. But, God proved Himself to be loving and wonderful. I've thoroughly enjoyed my (almost) two semesters here at Faith. However, once again, I feel God prompting me in another direction...No, I'm not going to do anything ridiculously drastic...but, I'm pretty sure it's time to change things up again...Here's where life starts getting crazy.
In the next month-ish I need to find a place to live (indefinitely and for relatively cheap), decide on a college (most likely online), and trust God for a smooth transition and that He really does have a perfect plan.
It's a scary time of life. It's kind of like going to kindergarten or middle school. It's like walking across the platform at graduation or that first day of college. It's all new and scary. You're excited for the new adventures that lie ahead, but you're not quite ready to let go of the past, all at the same time. I never dreamed the day would come when I would be looking for a place to live, not with my parents and not in a dorm. It's one of those things that you hear other people talk about, but you never expect to get to that point yourself. They are all so much older than you, right? WRONG?!?! Talk about a wake-up call! It's my turn to do this crazy thing called growing up and living life. :S
But, through it all, I can see God's hand and His faithfulness. A year ago, I didn't even want to leave home. I was going to live at home for four years and then find a job locally. I was going to be with Mom and Dad and Leah for at least four more years....Nope! Didn't happen. God led me to Faith. That first month, I was scared out of my mind! I was a country girl in the city. (They even have stoplights and turning lanes here!!!!!) Long about October, I was settled in pretty well, but I had every intention of going home for the summer and then coming back in the fall. Now, God's saying "no" again. But, that's okay. This country girl knows that God is faithful, good, and that He will provide for me, and lead me where He wants me to go. Now I just get to practice my patience...
GOD IS GOOD EVEN WHEN LIFE IS ROUGH!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment