Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Refreshing Brothers-in-Christ

Moment of truth...the one thing that almost made me say, "No," to God's urging for me to come to FBBC was the young Christian men that are prevalent around campus. Not that guys are bad or that I want to join a convent or anything like that...it's just all of the man stalking, MRS degree jokes, Faith Baptist Bridal College, etc. that goes on. I wanted no part of it...and still don't. I must say though, God has brought along some amazing brothers in Christ that are very encouraging. One in particular that I had a chance to talk with tonight on the way home from church. We were just talking about life in general and the conversation morphed into the future...you know marriage, what to do with our lives, that kind of thing. It was actually very refreshing to hear one of my brothers give their opinion on the topic and to hear what he had to say on the subject. It was totally amazing the way that he encouraged me. No, I'm still not here at FBBC to hunt down a man and go in for the kill (I mean, if God really wants that for me, I suppose I'll say yes) ;) However, until then, I am SUPER thankful for the brothers in Christ that God has placed in my life for this season to encourage me and help grow me! :) I cannot wait to see how God is going to work in all of our lives in the coming weeks, month, and years! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment