Thursday, January 26, 2012

You've Got Mail

So, there I was, sitting at my desk pondering what on earth I would ever have to tell the world about via blog, when I decided that I should check my mailbox. I tend to check it after chapel each day, but today we had to relocate for chapel, so I didn't check my mailbox, and the story goes on...Anyhow, I went to my mailbox expecting to see one of two things: 1) An empty box starting me square in the face OR 2) A few quizzes or class assignments given back by my professors and maybe some random announcement for everyone. But, NOOOO, not today! Today, my mailbox got smashed in the face with mail from back home! I was excited beyond all belief! I mean, yeah, I'm only two and a half hours from home, but come on, I still want mail just like everyone else! Ya know? So, not only did I have the general assignment and random announcement from school about some summer trip in my box today, I also had not just one,  but TWO letters from podunky southeast Iowa awaiting me this afternoon! :D My mommy sent me a happy little card with a turtle on the front. It's pretty great. Inside were some handy little documents by the name of car insurance cards! Yeah, I'm going to want those! Thanks Mom! Then, I got a letter that made me laugh so hard! It's addressed to me by some friendly, neighborhood cats from down the road. It was pretty hysterical! It gave me such a good laugh! Long story, but trust me, it was good! I love getting mail. I had the biggest, doofiest grin on my face as I made my way back to my room. I just wanted to skip and sing! It was SOOO good to hear from home...via REAL mail! Made my day!Upon completing letter reading, I began to think about God and His letter to me. Think about it: I was excited, like, super excited to get mail from home. It's good to hear from family and friends. There is nothing wrong with getting excited about mail; in fact, it's a good thing! How much more excited should I be to open up God's letter to me? There is always something "in my mailbox". He ALWAYS has something new and wonderful to share with me. Do I open up the "mailbox" of God's Word with proper enthusiasm? Unfortunately, I must admit I don't do that nearly enough. Oh, I open it, and I enjoy it, but how often to I get super excited about it? Hmmmm...kind of changes my perspective a little bit. I hope it changes yours, too. How will you respond to the letter waiting for you in your spiritual "mailbox" today?

No comments:

Post a Comment