Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yet Again, A List of Thankfulness

Bubble wrap and water bottles,

 Ceramic mugs and swimming goggles,

White out tape and chocolate bars,

Telescopes and looking at stars,

Desk calendars and 3X5s,

A car with gas that I can drive,

Sticky notes and picture frames,

Curly hair and my middle name,

Sidewalk salt and long ice scrappers,

My parents who send me the weekly paper,

Window blinds and tennis shoes,

Chapstick in a container of blue,

My job and the kids that I watch through the week,

A Bible with precious treasure I seek,

I’m thankful for all of the blessings God sends,

He loves without measure, and His love never ends!

 ~Lately I have been realizing just how blessed I truly am! All of the things that I take for granted are really God pouring out His blessings on me. It really doesn't take too long to realize just how many things I have that make me one of the "rich". Why did God choose to bless me in this way? I have NO idea, but I'm thankful that He did. The least I can to is let Him know how thankful I am. Plus, I find it rather amusing to write them out in poem...:) Don't be too shocked if you see several other "thankful" poems grace the pages of this little blog in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Love this poem of thankfulness! And I love you, Laura Sue! :)

    ReplyDelete